Friday 13 February 2015

“You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life…” ~ Steve Jobs

Haloes! J

“You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life…” ~ Steve Jobs

1 Corinthians 13 ~ The Message

If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love, I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing.  If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.  Love never gives up.  Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have. Love doesn’t strut, doesn’t have a swelled head, Doesn’t force itself on others, Isn’t always “me first,” Doesn’t fly off the handle, doesn’t keep score of the sins of others, Doesn’t revel when others grovel, Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, Puts up with anything, Trusts God always, Always looks for the best, Never looks back, But keeps going to the end. Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled. When I was an infant at my mother’s breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good. We don’t yet see things clearly. We’re squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won’t be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We’ll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!  But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love…”

“The time is always right to do what is right…” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Stay hungry, stay foolish…” ~ Steve Jobs

Korintiërs 13 is vir my een van die heel mooiste stukke in die Bybel… Dit “astonish” my elke keer as ek dit weer lees… En iets wat ek net weer aan gedink het, is dat al hierdie vereistes van wat liefde is, somtyds vrek moeilik is!!! Gewoonlik as mens moeg, gestress of bang voel, is dit juis die mense wat jy liefhet vir wie jy kwaad word, met wie jy dalk minder vriendelik is, of met wie jy baklei oor hulle foute…

 If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space… Hierdie is ‘n ongelooflike aanhaling… Dis so maklik om so te verval in die alledaagse patroon wat jou lewe inneem… Werk, slaap, eet… Ek het ‘n clip van ‘n toespraak gekyk wat Steve Jobs gemaak het by ‘n “graduation ceremony”… Daar het hy gesê – hy vra homself altyd af – DIT wat ek vandag gaan doen, is dit iets waarvoor ek lief is, en wat my gelukkig maak? As dit nie is nie, hoekom sal ek dan kosbare tyd van my lewe mors daarop? Mens moenie goed doen om ander te please nie – net jouself… So baie mense is vasgevang in ongelukkige verhoudings, of huwelike… Baie mense bly by mekaar, omdat hulle bang is om niemand anders te kry nie… God wil NET die beste vir jou hê! Moenie settle vir 2e beste nie… Jy verdien net die beste, en jy verdien om iemand se 1ste prys te wees… Nie ‘n tweede of derde nie…

 Neem risiko’s waar dit die liefde aangaan… Hierdie aanhalings is als vir my sulke groot waarhede! As jy waag om lief te hê en van jouself te gee (liefdesverhoudings maar ook vriendskappe), is die kans altyd daar dat jy kan seerky… Ons is almal net mense, met baie foute… Dis dus maklik, sonder dat jy dalk eers probeer! om ander seer te maak…. Maar as jy nooit probeer en jouself oopstel nie, sal jy nooit weet nie… Jy sal nooit daardie ONGELOOFLIKE blessing (vriendskappe, maar ook liefde) wat God vir jou het ervaar, en spesiale oomblikke van die lewe met iemand kan deel nie… “If you crash and burn” het jy ten minste probeer… En dis al wat saak gaan maak aan die einde van jou lewe… Dat jy elke dag PROBEER het om VOLUIT te lewe, dat jy die MEESTE maak van die 86,400 sekondes wat aan jou gegee word en spandeer het saam met mense wat jou gelukkig maak, en ‘n opbouende effek op jou lewe gehad het… Mag jy sommer vandag God se liefde en genade in jou lewe ervaar! Hy is vir jou oneindig lief – met die Liefde soos 1 Korintiërs 13 dit beskryf…  “To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.” ~ Anonymous
 
blessings!
 
anel xx

No comments: