Tuesday 12 June 2012

“True Friendship Is Like Sound Health; The Value Of It Is Seldom Known Until It Be Lost.” ~ Unknown

Haloes! :)

“True Friendship Is Like Sound Health; The Value Of It Is Seldom Known Until It Be Lost.” ~ Unknown

1 Peter 5:7
“Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you.”
Psalm 142:5-7
“I cry to you, O LORD; I say, You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.” Listen to my cry, for I am in desperate need; rescue me from those who pursue me, for they are too strong for me. Set me free from my prison, that I may praise your name. Then the righteous will gather about me because of your goodness to me.”
Hier is vanoggend ‘n storie wat ek ontvang het via epos, wat ek net MOET deel!
The Day I Understood God Would Never Leave ~ Cindi McMenamin
“I believed as a young woman that if a relationship were to work, the two in love needed time away from each other. During college, I found myself in a dating relationship with a young man who would often want his time away from me.  Sometimes he left the parameters of our relationship to see if he would miss me, thereby insuring that he really did love me. Other times it was to see if someone better suited for him would come into his life. Still other times, he just needed time away from me -- to decompress, to have "breathing room," to feel "unattached."  But each time he came back to the relationship he seemed to love me more and treat me better. Therefore, I concluded that when you love someone you need time away from them. Eventually, though, that boyfriend left for good.
When I met Hugh, a student in Bible college, our relationship seemed perfect. Yet I was fearful that he, too, would eventually leave -- or just want time away from me. And one evening, I laid my fears out in front of him, preparing for the worst.  "Hugh, I really want things to work between us and I don't want to do anything to blow it with you. So if you need time away from me to know if I'm right for you or just to have your space or re-evaluate us, please let me know," I said, honestly, preparing to hear the all-too-familiar words that he wanted his space.  But, instead of confirming my fears, Hugh looked me straight in the eyes and said something I have never forgotten: "Cindi, God never wants time away from you. So neither will I."  It was then that my eyes were opened to two truths in front of me. First of all, a man was standing before me who actually intended to love me as God does (and I married that man, by the way!). And secondly, that man opened my eyes up to the realization that I have a God who has never wanted time away.  And so do you.
In Hebrews 13:5, we read God's Words to His people: "Never will I leave you, nor will I ever forsake you.  And in Psalm 139:7-12, He tells us there is nowhere we can go where His love will not follow. He shadows us. He sticks to us like glue. He is downright obsessive about us, if you think about it. That is a staying power that I hadn't experienced in my life. And it's a staying power I continue to hold onto today.
Do you realize that if you've spent all day with God  on Sunday, He isn't tired of your voice on Monday?
If we've come to Him time and again over a burden on our hearts, He will never say, "Enough! Go tell someone else, I'm tired of hearing it."
If we have sunk so low in our depression or despair He will never say, "I just need a break from your negativity for a while.  You and I, my friend, can know a love that will never leave. A love that never needs time away…
Jesus het jou lief…  Nes jy is…  Met jou plooie, en ekstra vetjies, met jou muisvaal hare en jou sproete waarvan jy nie hou nie…  Met jou vinnige kwaad word, die dingetjies wat jy doen wat ander mense irriteer – Hy aanvaar jou, en wil tyd saam met jou spandeer vir WIE jy is…  HY kyk met Ewigheids oë na jou – nie met die oë wat die wêreld kyk nie…  Hy sal nie vir jou moeg raak nie, want Hy het jou oneindig lief!  Hoe awesome is dit, om nie weer opnuut daaraan herinner te word nie!  Wat jy ookal vandag moet aanpak, of hanteer of verwerk – onthou Hebrews 13:5 – “Never will I leave you, nor will I ever forsake you!”
Blessings!
Anelli**

No comments: